We as a human we make mistakes, and we regret it later. Doing mistake is normal for everyone of us. This is what makes us human. Can you tell me what is the most common mistake every individual does in this era? Any guess? Ok, I am answering this as well. The most common mistake for this generation is deleting files accidentally. We use phones to store various files, images, audio, in a nutshell, our whole memory on the phone. Can you imagine what you would do if you accidentally delete the last photo of your late grandparents? It is quite heartbreaking, right?
I am not scaring you; I am telling you the truth. In this point, you might be thinking of having a recycle bin for your phone like you do on your computer. You wish you had that functionality on your phone so that you could just restore from the bin. This is what this article is all about. I just figured out a way fo adding recycle bin to your Android smartphone to restore all your deleted files.
How to add a computer like recycle bin to your Android smartphone
There is no inbuilt method of adding a recycle bin to the Android system. But, we have some apps that do the same thing. The best app that I found is the dumpster. This app works exactly like a recycle bin to store all the files you delete from your phone. With this, you can view and restore all the files that you deleted from your phone.
- The very first thing you need is to download the app. This app is available for free in the Google Play Store.
- Once you install the app open the app.
- If your phone runs on Android 6.0 or above like me, then you have to grant permission to the app. If you are running 5.0 or below then just skip this step.
- Now you are ready. This app has lot of settings, but the default one seems to work fine with every device.
- If you don’t want to mess with the setting, then you are ok. Your recycle bin is now enabled.
- Everytime you delete anything it just moves those files to the app. From where you can view all your deleted files for free. In case you see anything you have deleted by mistake you just simply tap the restore to restore the file.
- If you want to play around the settings, then you can mess around the setting to customize the settings according to your need.
This is also worth noticing that the app can only recover those files which are deleted after you installed the dumpster. The files you have deleted before the app, this won’t help you to restore anything.
This is how you add a recycle bin to your smartphone. Let me know what you think about the app in your comments.